Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the strange one

it all began when a friend of mine asked me whether I would be interested to get to know her husband's still-a-bachelor good friend. She described to me his looks, his hobbies and also his love for travelling.

not bad, I thought...so I gave her the green light to pass him my number. and so we began sms-ing and yes, exchanging msn addresses. 

then one day, over sms, he asked me out. it was too soon, i thought, but being very curious i decided to say yes. the plan was to meet at a certain coffee joint somewhere near city hall....but alas, when he arrived there first he called me to say that the coffee joint was non-existent. 

and so we went to another place, also a coffee joint. he seemed to be a very shy guy, and there wasn't much that we could talk about. i was really hoping that after finishing our drinks, we would call it a day. but....he then suggested, "Let's go to the ACM (museum)."

actually i had been talking to him about this certain exhibition going on at the ACM during our chats on msn. i didn't expect that he would want to visit the museum since he had said that he was not into museums. 

and then it started...in the museum, we literally went our separate ways. It's like we were too engrossed in wanting to view what we wanted to view and gave ourselves such a big space to roam by ourselves in the museum...haha

it was soon almost evening, and suddenly he appeared and said he had to fetch a friend from the airport. we parted ways, after doing our evening prayers at a nearby masjid...

and since then we didn't contact each other...until a few weeks later, he suddenly gave me a missed call. I wasn't in singapore, but i called him back anyway. he answered strangely, "ehmmm...sorry i called you while you are overseas, it's ok i will call you back next time"...and he hung up.

but he never did...and i didn't as well. Then, not very long after I returned, he suddenly smsed me one day, "heyy...between green and blue, which do you think is a nicer colour?" I replied and at the same time, asked about how he was. But he never replied. And from there, he disappeared....*poooooof*

My friend who was the one who intro-ed me to him, was also baffled. She helped, by saying, "It's ok, he's too square for you I think and now i also know that he's weird."

just for the record, he's 4 years older than me and is of a different race. i think he must be searching for someone of his race.....

6 comments:

  1. so weird!!! haha, i think that out-of-the-blue colour question was a test... maybe he was thinking, THIS is THE ultimate question that will determine the fate of the relationship...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... i went with green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alamak. guys like these abound everywhere. I thought usually the case for mats. ni race apa lak?

    random heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. heheh...ya usually mats...this one mat arab :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. guess the green wasn't a green light la...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a weird character who doesn't know the proper way to communicate! plastered heart deserves at least an explanation from him. TSK!

    ReplyDelete