Friday, January 23, 2009

18 grams of love

A piece of paper weighs 8 grams.
A piece of envelope weighs 10 grams.
Together, you have a love letter that weighs 18 grams.

Surely a guy who bothers to write a letter, seals it in an envelope, places a stamp on it and walks all the way to post it in this time and age where he could easily email or sms is sincere? Or maybe not?

The movie "18 grams of love"

Awarded the Bronze Award, Audience Choice Category at the 13th Lyon Asian Film Festival, the local film possesses a certain colour and quirkiness that reminds me of French films. I’ve always appreciated a good irony so I had a fun time watching it. (Thanks b.h. for discovering this for me. I shan’t reveal the story, it’s your turn to watch, heh.)

The film inspired a naughty notion in me to blog about the different “18 grams of love” I had received in my earlier days of youth. (Yes, for the record, I am STILL a youth. And yes, I still keep a couple of letters for remembrance. But no, it wasn’t my hobby to collect them). I cringed as my mind recalled some hair-raising words I wouldn’t be able to avoid from typing but grinned at the hilarity of it all.

However when I returned home, I learnt that our blog has found a fan in a reader (*waves hand to welcome new readers on behalf of fellow hearties) and as delighted as I was after efforts to spread the word about this blog, I suddenly chickened out. Lol… I’m now imagining the sides of the veil of anonymity flapping in the wind… yikes! (Hey, at least I’m being honest here). Ok, ok, let's just say barren heart is currently our star blogger (*wicked grin).

Anyway, do help us spread the word and keep the comments popping as we slowly build the blog. We hearties would definitely appreciate some love, empathy, sympathy or just harmless fun-poking.

Or even better, your very own bubble-wrapped stories to share.



2 comments:

  1. u HAVE to write about those letters. i cant be the only one to cringe when posting entries here. hmph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... will consider it if plastered heart publishes another entry

    ReplyDelete