Friday, March 6, 2009

magnet

Me and my bloody mouth. Or rather fingers. After my wicked remarks about mr nervous eyes, I actually met a mr confident eyes on my way home in the mrt.

You know how it is like in the mrt… you just tend to observe people whether you consciously wanted to or not. I was seated diagonally across mr confident eyes, watching people around when my eyes met his. I don’t know why but we just looked at each other for some time. I couldn't look away. But I think just when he was carving a smile halfway, I managed to quickly turn away. Then I spent the rest of the journey avoiding his direction.

But the real tense moment came when we changed trains and he sat right in front of me. Oh man...

Our eyes locked a few times and each time he would just hold my gaze, undaunted. But it wasn’t a perverted, lusty stare or anything gross. It was simply a calm, honest, sincere, clear gaze. I said clear cos his eyes were non-murky (yes, i'm sure barren would agree). They were nice and shiny plus he seemed like a decent guy.

But while mr confident eyes didn’t intimidate me, his gaze made me nervous. My heart was palpitating. Gosh I felt like a school girl lah!

And guess what, we stood up at the same time to alight... I walked over to the door and he stood right beside me. When I looked up at him, he was looking at me with smiling eyes, so all I could do was muster a lame, hesitant, straight smile.

That’s it, I thought. I could no longer handle the weird and uncomfortable feeling. So when the door opened, I did what I do best whenever I felt that way:

Run. Or rather in this case – speedwalked (
the platform was crowded).


lesson learnt: don't ever make fun of people with nervous eyes cos there'll always be someone who can make you nervous with their eyes.

side note: I wonder if this magnetic eye contact episode is due to the new magnetic bed sheet Mum bought for me.


6 comments:

  1. MUAHAHAHA!! serves u right! lucky i nvr go back with u, if not u wouldnt have such an 'intense experience'. fuh. sounds like sumthing straight out of the movies man. but actually i think it's nice.. feels like love at first sight... and wat are the chances he alighted at the same place! serendipity speaks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that how love at first sight is like? gosh i wouldn't know. but yea, i woke up this morning feeling nice about it. can't stop smiling silly lah *blush haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha..i can absolutely imagine you in the scenerio..thats so sweet and im sure incidents like these make us feel so young..wahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha tickling, are you making fun of me? hehe btw, i don't need to feel young; i AM young... haha... unless you're telling us that you're not? hehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wouldnt dare..:P u will stare at me with my big confident eyes..young as in schooldays time..dream dream...

    ReplyDelete
  6. opps its your big confident eyes..typo:P

    ReplyDelete