Saturday, March 7, 2009

is it me or?

contributed by one of our readers, random heart.

I have a colleague ‘N’ whom I nicknamed Ahbeng. Don’t get me wrong, he does not dress nor look like one but he has this “why, wanna fight izzit?” demeanor with regards to work. It is also irritating to note that he certainly has mastered the art of Taichi and would always taichi work to the unfortunate me, who happens to be in the same department.


Mr Ahbeng is single and had once complained how he was 28, no girlfriend not married….blah blah blah. But I’ve experienced a few weird moments with him.

Incident one:
Anyway, on one occasion, where the two of us again were arrowed to do work, he had a lil’ question for me: Eh what if you like a Chinese guy, then how? I mean you really love this man you know and he does not want to convert.
I didn’t really want to answer him but replied anyway: I love God more.

Incident two:
I was talking to a colleague “A” who had just become a father and he was grousing about how expensive raising a child is.
I laughed jokingly at him and said: Seelah... who told you to get married and have a child?
A: You wait, your time will come and then I will laugh at you.
Me: Don’t worry, I’ll make sure I’ll marry a rich man.
Unexpectedly, Ahbeng quipped: If you want rich Chinese man, I’m here, but no need to convert can?
There was an awkward silence before A and I talked about something else.

Incident three:
Once I had to go to the National Museum with Ahbeng for a course and I didn’t want to drive, so I got a ride from him instead. He drove his Sports car like a maniac and pretended not to know where to park his car. So where did he park instead? ROM! Freaky right?

Incident four:
And last year, at an overseas trip, I had jokingly pointed out to him a chart aptly named "Convert me", remembering the joke of last 2 years. His answer was: I told you the reason already, that’s what’s stopping me since 2 years ago.


I’ve since decided to keep my mouth shut and not try to be a smart alec. LOL. Is it me or Ahbeng might have a thing for me? I don’t know. One thing I'm sure of, his work attitude really sux and I just cannot stand him sometimes.


6 comments:

  1. i think random shld noe well now to stay awaaayy from topics like tat ard mr ahbeng. as to whether he has a thing for her or not, better not to know right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe random... we all have lessons to learn don't we? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw Mr Ahbeng and myself not on speaking terms due to an incident in sch. Like its any loss for me. Huahahahaha. Good riddance to bad rubbish. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  4. random: 'an incident in sch'... hmm... i assume you're a teacher? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. wh: aren't we all but students in this sch of life. lets leave it as that *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  6. random: oooh getting philosophical are we?... i loiike!!! *winks

    ReplyDelete