Wednesday, March 4, 2009

bring on the conversation......

..............cricket, cricket, cricket.............
Ya, that’s exactly how it sounds like! You know, when all is quiet and
all you can hear is the sounds of crickets. Well, maybe you might not
have heard it before, but I have. So, let me begin my entry today on the
issue of silence.

Ok, maybe silence is too big a word. Let’s just say, you have got to
know a guy and then you find him really a “limited edition with words or
topics” kind of guy. What do you do? Well, I’m naturally very chatty (in
a good way of course, I hope) and I would very much prefer a guy whom
could have “sparring” moments with me in conversation. I love talking
about anything under the sun, particularly about general knowledge and
current affairs.

The following, to me IS not a fulfilling conversation.

Him: Hi, How are you? How was your day?
Me: Hi! I’m good. My day was ok. It was (and I go on bla bla bla....)
How was you day?
Him: Mine was ok. Work was busy. (A few words added on)
Me: Aha...ok...

5 minutes later
Me: Silence.
Him: Silence

Arrghh...this is not a conversation to me. It is very boring. I want to
talk more about current affairs etc, but when I try to, I get very short
answers like:-

Me: So, do you watch the news?
Him: Yes, sometimes, but not everyday..

Me: *Thinks and decides, hmmm...ok, I’d better not start a topic on
world news*

Then, I back off i.e. I decide not to talk too much because, I fear that
I might be too pompous when I start a topic but I get no rebuttals
(harmless ones) or exchanges of ideas in his point of view.

So, one of the criteria I am definitely looking in a future husband is,
definitely someone who can carry a conversation well with me...

2 comments:

  1. i know! it certainly doesn't make us feel good about ourselves, especially if we catch ourselves gushing about something to the non-interest of the other party (ARGH!!). macam syok sendiri. it's like... trudging in mud, you wanna walk on forward but the weight of the mud is pulling you and your spirits down.

    if a person cannot commit the same level of interactiveness in a conversation, it's just painfully uninspiring. yawwwwn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, i hate that too... i shld be thankful mr nervous eyes doesnt call me. i guess it'd be pretty much like what you're experiencing. eh but he's quite up to date with current affairs you noe, just that I'M the one who dont read newspapers. heh.

    ReplyDelete