Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the one whom I slept with

I don't believe I have ever confided this secret in anyone. But I figured since I'm protected by anonymity...

Though it happened years ago, I still remember the scene...

My eyes lifted slowly...
a distinct humming sound in the background...
my body lurched forward slightly in gentle inertia.

I tilted my head slightly to my right.

There he was sleeping next to me. Our heads against each other with mine resting on his shoulders.

Then stealthily and gradually, I inched my head away from him, secretly hoping I wouldn't wake him up cos I wouldn't know what to say. When we were finally apart, I sat upright and straightened my back, trying to look as nonchalant as best I could.

I remember darting my eyes around the environment I was in.

I remember sighing in relief and thinking, "Thank god I didn't miss my bus stop".


4 comments:

  1. i still cant stand how anti-climatic your entries are. TSK!

    luckily BOTH of u were blissfully napping. i'd be damn pissed if anyone were to even lean in on me when they sleep... like this morning!!! urgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. tsk, think of it as fillers in the gaps of a main story babe.

    but I must admit, I get a kick out of envisioning your reaction.
    every time.
    hiak hiak hiak.

    ok ok, my next entry will be a serious one.
    promise.

    after you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you teaser!! sounds like a real secret hor..:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe but it WAS a secret - I nvr told anyone... hehe

    ReplyDelete