Monday, June 8, 2009

juice spreader

The other day I received an sms from a close relative. She was asking me about a recent unfortunate event with regards to my love life. She was concerned about my well being of course, but I was too stunned to feel the slightest appreciation.

How the hell did she know? It was something very personal to me. Although it wasn't something wrongly committed by me, it was something private I had been guarding fiercely and only managed to share with a few of my very close friends.

How the hell did she know? I felt so exposed.

My mind whirled, tracing and mapping the links. I was so pissed! I had been so careful in controlling and containing the secret and pain but it slipped my mind that I was not and could not oversee the other party’s management of the event that had taken place.

It didn’t take me long to identify the source, the common place. Horror hits me when I realised I had also roped in a business associate to use the services of the same place. And that business associate is close to another friend of mine who’s not exactly the best guardian of secrets.

Shoot.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised if the rest in the clique knows about it too.

Was that why they were wondering how "I've been doing" more frequently?

Was that why they had then ‘considerately’ left me out of certain sensitive topics at our last gathering? Honestly, I was relieved at the time, but was that because they knew?

Sigh... I swear if the H1N1 could spread like any juicy news or rumour, the human race would be defeated.


3 comments:

  1. "i heard it thru the grapevine..." :)

    all i can say is that ure lucky it isnt some malicious untrue rumours that was spread ard.

    and before the truth gets distorted through so many voices, maybe its better that the news came straight from the horse's mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... oh and i'm just about to lose my mind..."

    i guess you're right that i'm 'lucky'. don't even wanna think about any malicious possibility *shudder

    but the horse says "nay"... will leave the past as is, unless there comes a time for a revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. k based on your feedback, my cryptic post has been slightly edited in an attempt to bring across the message that the event was something negative and that i deserve some sympathy... lol

    i need some love in the form of some good dessert

    ReplyDelete