Saturday, April 18, 2009

the one who was too atas

Have you ever went out with someone who made you feel inferior? Not someone who looks down on you or talks in a condescending way. But someone who’s just so way up there that you feel… little.

This guy I got to know was just like that. His profile was what made me reply to his msg to me. In less than 50 words, he came off as a witty, smart and yet unassuming kinda guy.

After a few exchanges online and over sms, we agreed to meet. He’s really cute in person, just the right height (haha) and he picked me up in his swanky continental car. Not what I expected at all. As we were talking, I got to know more about him…his high-flying post at a big company, his hobbies, in which I saw just how freaking talented he is, where he was schooling before… In short, his resume is mighty impressive.

Then he went on about the music and bands he likes and general views about pop culture. He’d ask me if I heard about this band or read about this theory… most of the time my answer would be “er…no”. He’d go on telling me about this and that, to which I’d have nothing much to say coz I have no freaking idea what he’s talking about! Cheemology to the highest level man, this one. A smart guy is a turn-on but his repository of knowledge is so vast that I’m beginning to feel like an ignorant little girl beside him. Very unflattering and not great for self-esteem.

He must have felt the same coz after 2 dates, he was gone.

But a few months later, he popped up on the radar and we chatted again. This time, he lamented that there are no interesting girls to get to know online. I guess by that, he meant I’m not interesting enough for him. Fair enough and I couldn’t agree more :P

I told him, there are some happening chicks out there, just that he hasn’t found any. Coincidentally, I knew of a friend’s friend, this girl who was smart and outgoing, which I thought would be suitable for him. So I just gave him her profile page link and told him to just send her a message. I told him I don’t know her, but from her profile, she seemed interesting… which was a half lie coz I did know her a little.

After that, I never heard from him again. But many moons later, I heard from my friend (the friend of that girl’s), that she’s dating this super-atas guy who drives a certain continental car and works at so and so company.

Whaddya know, my Cupid's arrow got a bull's eye. I guess I did my good deed for a fellow single lady :)



5 comments:

  1. yea... don't know why smart, talented, charming people can intimidate as much as they fascinate us. but really good to know that such malay guys exists. haha.

    even though it didn't work out for you both, i would say that it ended rather positively. cos the way i see it, if you could identify a person who's suitable for another, you'll be able to identify the perfect one the minute he comes along :)

    and yes, i believe in good karma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. so what if got good job and continental car? all those things are so fleetingly temporary. I nak yg alim. ada tak? Huahahaha.

    Oh well bh...its not your call then. If he finds you not interesting...well, its his loss not yours. I'm sure there'll be someone better out there...continental car or not :P.

    Let me leave with this quote:

    Allah answers prayers in 3 ways:
    HE says yes and gives you what you wants.
    HE says no and gives you something better.
    HE says wait and gives you the best in his own time.

    *winks*

    p/s: didnt u give Mr 1.75 a chance? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wh: i guess there are malay guys like him out there, just not in our league? lol!

    i dunno abt good karma, but i just thought that both of them were very 'happening', so surely they can find common ground. he's really quite a catch, i think he'd have no problem finding someone anyway.

    random: thanks, tats a great quote, will have to always keep that in my mind :)

    such creature comforts are admittedly material, but somehow, when some makcik tries to push a potential candidate, she always says, "aah budak ni bagus, ade pelajaran, ade KERETA..." *roll eyes*

    ps: yeap2, i had the chance to find out how much mr175 appreciates our blog. so pls keep your comments and contributions coming, random :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. barren: haha yea but i don't need him to be in my league... at the risk of sounding like an MP, it's good to know that there are such successful malay guys in our community. with good mannerism too (i assume, since you said he was a gd catch)

    that line is such an automated makcik marketing liner.

    random: agreed, there'll be someone better, and we hearties know now that if he does have a car, it'd better not be an orange one :P

    thx for that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bh: biasa ah..thats MAKCIKS like to say. Another favourite dialogue of theirs: Kau bila nak kahwin? *rolls eyes*

    wh: Orange car? Ewwwww. LOL

    ReplyDelete