Monday, January 18, 2010

top 5 of 2009

1. When I say never, always or forever, it rarely works out.
Lesson learnt: Never say never.

2. When I have notions of the future in my head, they almost never come true (for eg imagining how my wedding or future house is like. HAHA!).
Lesson learnt: Stop daydreaming!

3. Things happen when I least expect it. It applies for the good and the bad.
Lesson learnt: Never let my guard down and always expect the worst. (oops, broke lesson #1!). Lemme rephrase that to: go in with zero expectations but don’t lose faith in people and that things could be better. A bit tricky to do, and still trying to strike a balance here.


4. I tend to second guess myself after a decision is made. And more often than not, it’s too late to make amends or change my choice when I do change my mind afterwards.
Lesson learnt: Think before I speak. After that, think twice. And don’t shoot my mouth off.


5. What one consider to be honesty may be taken as inconsiderate and insensitive by others.
Lesson learnt: Refer to #4.

i'm not one for new year resolutions, and it IS a bit late now. but hopefully, by putting these down, i will be constantly reminded to be wiser in my choices.



2 comments:

  1. it's NEVER too late to make resolutions, babe. we all need time to learn from our mistakes. and sometimes it can be a loong time.

    hehe don't worry, I'll be around to nag at you if you fail to remember any of the above... haha

    it's always easier to see the big picture when you're the outsider viewing you know :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh. i NOE you will nag but its really much appreciated. we dont always noe wats good or bad for ourselves until its too late...

    ReplyDelete