Tuesday, January 26, 2010

of work & weddings

i think this blog has gathered so much dust that it should be chucked. apologies to our readers (if there are any left). we've been bad, bad hearties.

not making any excuses for myself but work's been really crazy these few months. it's only january but i've got my project schedule lined up all the way to june. and already i'm feeling so burnt out that i'm thinking of planning my much deserved vacation in july! yes, already!

i love what i do, but it doesn't help that i'm the only one left in the dept, after my manager left in november. yeap, been holding the fort all by myself.

more bad news is that all my weekends in may are going to be packed with pr events. bad coz one of my dearest gal pals is getting married in may and i'm the bridesmaid! somehow, i need to squeeze my time to plan a bridal shower for her then. and i'm praying that i dont have to work on the weekend of her wedding!!!

speaking of weddings, 2010 is really THE year i think. 2 colleagues already got hitched this year, with one more in june. another 2 in the pipeline, both of which, i'll be the bridesmaid. hee. not sure what i'm supposed to do really. i hope my duties are just just to stand beside them, hold/answer their hps, fan them occasionally and look pretty. and of coz, check out the groom's single male frens :P

when my mom found out tat my frens are getting married, i was kinda worried what her reaction would be. i thought she'd be pressurising me even more, now that most of my frens are officially off the market.

but to my surprise, it was quite the opposite. mom told me that she and my dad thinks that i shldnt rush to just choose anyone, and that its ok i take my time, as long as the 'candidate' is a good guy (in her words, "biar lambat, asalkan dapat yang bagus").

what a different tune they're singing now. but of coz, i'm glad and thankful for that. i guess they didnt want me to get upset and just find someone to marry coz of peer pressure, and to keep up with the jones.

so while i pelan-pelan kayuh to look for mr right, i got plenty of work to occupy my time with. well, at least until june :)


3 comments:

  1. ohh... your parents finally decided to give you space... that's nice :)

    yea, I know 9 couples who are tying the knot this yr. Well... you know what they say... the more you hang around them, the more you 'jangkit'. so yea, being bridesmaid twice just doubles your chances babe :P

    i hope you get an assistant soon! i'm juggling my time too, with back-to-back projects. but yea, no excuse. I know my bubble entry's due...

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone just told me that i shldnt be a bridesmaid for 3 times.. coz its bad luck?? i guess i gotta turn down if any of you hearties are getting hitched ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. got such thing?
    i think if there's any, it depends on how good a bridesmaid you were hehe :P

    ReplyDelete