Wednesday, December 2, 2009

settling down for less

Being single is a choice. I think most of us, including you, our dear readers, can get attached is a jiffy, if we choose to. It’s a matter of dropping your expectations and thinking long term isn’t it – procreating for the greater good, making our parents happy, escaping boredom in old age. So many reasons to just go out and settle down, to settle for less...

We could. But why are we not doing it? Why am I not doing it?

My answer to this question came recently, when I saw pictures of my freshly attached friends.

That look on their faces.

Bliss. Just pure bliss of gazing each other in the eyes.

The joy of proclaiming to the world (or your facebook friends, at least) that yes, you’ve finally found someone!

Not caring if everyone thinks you’re a love sick nut case, coz YOU are happy.

That overwhelming feeling that consumes your whole being until it shows on your face even as you walk down the street alone.

I want that. I really do.

But oh wells. Not everyone can get what they want eh?

On to the next match-up!


p/s: in pms mode. Guess that’s self explanatory.


6 comments:

  1. Why should we settle for anything less? Would we want to spend the rest of our lives wondering 'what if'? I think it is about making ourselves happy, not the others around us. Or, perhaps I'm wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u're not wrong. i do wanna be blissfully happy and in love but i've just reached a point where all the 'what ifs' have come and long gone. and it feels like i've used up all my 'tokens' to find that one special person; too many wasted chances. cant possibly just wait around hoping for true love to come by. so maybe the next best thing is to find companionship from one of these matchmakes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. settling down for less is unacceptable. I'm open to match-making and stuffs but I really do not agree on settling...just settling bcoz u think u can't do any better or to settle bcoz u r pressurized. It's your life you are talking about here. And if any girl would just settle bcoz of a few setbacks...you might as well take a knife and stab it in ur heart.
    That said, I have friends who recently found their other halfs thru others help. I think they are happy...but I can't help but thinking what ifs. Just yesterday I got to know what the future husband actually was in a character which I deem fit as unacceptable if its to me. My fren is on the chubby side...so she said he kept asking her to lose wt...motivate her..thats good but...she was recounting this incident that makes me raised my eyebrow real high...she was very hungry(apparently she hadn't had ,uch food the whole day and its already at 9pm) so she is eating a plate of chicken rice...half-way thru he stopped her and said she had enuff(altho she is still hungry) and proceed to finish up the plate. I mean...whats that all about? If he had accepted her the way she is...whats all this crap abt? Makes me shudder to think if there are other incidents that we'd never know about. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. i hope tats his way of showing some tough love, a way of expressing his concern for her health maybe?

    on the settling bit, i really hope i dun have to resort to that, random. but lets say im matchmade to a great guy with a good character, but i dont love him... and should i choose to marry him, wouldnt it be settling for less? i wont be settling for a lesser man, but just giving up on the love bit. im just saying its reaaally hard to find someone to fall in love with at this point in my life.

    i know someone whos almost 40 now, quite a pretty lady. she was matchmade prob at least 15 times before, but she turned down all coz theres always something nt right. i suppose she didnt get the feeling that any of those men was The One, even tho they seem perfectly eligible to her family. no thanks to my parents who kept saying "dont be too picky, later u end up like ....", it is one of my fears that i DO end up like that lady. but i still hope i'll b strong enuf to wait and nt lose faith until the one who is right for me comes along...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope for my friend's sake its LOVE.

    anyway what happened to wh? on holiday ke? hehe
    *winks*

    ReplyDelete