Sunday, November 8, 2009

which is the way to a woman’s heart?

A colleague had turned up at the office with something he whipped up himself for everyone. It just so happened that I was on medical leave that very day. Fortunately, I still managed to get a taste of his culinary skills via his personal home delivery service that evening. Haha, yea, very sweet colleagues I have.

Anyway, I was relating it to my girlfriends. One of them asked, “Is the guy married or not?”. She seemed rather happy to entertain the idea of having a boyfriend who cooks well and I offered to introduce him to her. It was hilarious how the conversation evolved from there.

The topic then arose - everyone knows the phrase, “The way to man’s heart is through his stomach”. But what about us women? Which is the way to a woman’s heart?

And it seemed that my dear foodie girlfriends were both unanimous in their answers “Stomach!” But I refuse to take their answers seriously cos (1) they were feeling peckish (2) they were feeding their imagination of chef boyfriends serving up dishes of love and (3) we were obviously not taking things seriously.

When I asked them that question, I wasn’t thinking of a guy’s ability to whip up a storm in the kitchen...

Fact is, women are such complex cerebral creatures. What we don’t feel, what we don’t understand, we can never bring ourselves to do. We can lie to that busybody auntie to get her nose out of where it doesn’t belong, we can lie to that irritating friend just so he would stop bugging us but we just can’t lie to our hearts and order them be opened to just any Tom, Dick or Harry (even if he does possess some mean culinary skills).

So what would or could a guy do to win my heart? Later, I started asking myself questions…

How can I fall in love with a man if I can’t see something good in him?
How can I be touched by his actions if I can’t feel his sincerity?
How can I feel secure if I can’t taste his efforts and the fruits they bear?
How can I miss someone whose presence I’ve never smelled?
How can I share a fulfilling relationship with someone whom I can’t hear his thoughts, ideas and dreams?

And then I found my answer.


Of course I’m not representing all women in this, but yes, my take on which would be the way to a woman’s heart?

It would be through her senses.



7 comments:

  1. more to add to the checklist? ;)

    sometimes its not just these 5 senses... for me, more often than not, its the overall FEEL i get from the guy. i guess you can call it my sixth sense? heh.

    but sometimes also doesnt work. maybe i shld go back to the 5 senses you listed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I so love this entry of yours. :)
    Common sense matters but I guess...common sense are not common nowadays. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. barren: isn't overall feel a combination of the five senses? heh

    haha... no it wasn't to be added to the checklist. a checklist only acts as a guideline for the one. rather, this is about what makes a woman open up her heart to a man. this applies even when you're not looking. sometimes, love just seeps through a woman's senses even when she isn't expecting it, but when she finally realises, love wouldve reached her heart :)

    random: haha that's a funny one. although love doesn't make sense most of the time. haha thx, so any new entries? *winks

    ReplyDelete
  4. a new entry? Well I have to craft one first. Will send to u once I have the time to type ok? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure thing! you know the email address, our bubble administrator will keep the inbox under watch. hiakhiak

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this entry. I really do... goshhh... it hits me right here, *places hand on the heart*..awwww....

    There you go. You nail it perfectly right for me and the next time someone asks me about the way to a woman's heart or at least to mine, Im gonna make reference to this entry! :)
    -Vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi vanilla, good to hear from you again :)

    hehe happy to know there's other women on the same page as me heh. any updates on your end?

    ReplyDelete